Sunday 9 December 2012

Maker of the Week - Daphne Krinos


Daphne Krinos makes original and distinctive precious jewellery with a graphic look.

Where did you train?
I trained at Middlesex University

Is being a designer / maker your only job, or do you have other employment? Jewellery making is my only job

One favourite living designer?
A designer I admire is Jasper Morrison for the simplicity of his designs

 

What is your most prized item of design / craft? My Ane Christensen wall piece in my kitchen. Favourite craft/design object: three bowls by Ane Christensen

At age 16 who most influenced your style?
When I was 16 I did not have a style that I can remember

Last book / film that blew your mind?Favourite book (at the moment) 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. It makes me think I am living through a comic book and it takes me to another world

What music are you currently listening to?
Whatever my lovely sons burn on CD for me


How many hours do you waste on the internet each day?I spend far too long on the internet but I try not to do this every day

If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?I would live in a sunny place, not too hot, but with a lot of light. Maybe in Greece if the country was in a better way..

Where and what is your studio?My studio is in Hackney, my favourite place in London



Do you have a good work/life balance?
I try!

What one word would describe your feeling of doing your work?
Bliss

 

No comments: